Monday, October 25, 2010

Decisions, decisions!

I don't know what to do anymore. Do I do a figure competition in the spring? Or do I train for a photo shoot? Or do I focus solely on a brand new opportunity. Decisions, decisions! There are so many fitness goals I could pursue but I don't know if I can do them all.

Since I started working with my trainer Nathan, the goal was always to do a figure competition in the spring. Lately I've been flip-flopping on the idea ... big show (WBFF), smaller show (IDFA), or no show at all. I love Nate's Hour of Honour twice a week, I love the contest prep ... the training and the discipline involved. I love having a goal to work towards. I NEED a goal to work towards to keep me motivated. But I have to be honest, I do NOT like the pressure of getting on the scale every week to see if I lost weight, especially when the number stays the same ... or worse ... goes up. I even get obsessed with how every inch of my body looks. I don't know if I want that pressure anymore. Plus the post-comp has been hard on my body in the past. But every time I go to a show I get the urge to get on stage. So clearly I haven't decided on that yet.

Then there's the photo shoot. The one and only photo shoot I did was an awesome experience! I loved it and would definitely do it again. That's enough to keep me motivated ... I think. The only thing missing is the competition aspect. I like to compete. And then I wonder ... what will I do with the awesome photos besides show all my Facebook and Twitter friends? How many fitness magazines are going to want to publish a 40-plus year old fitness chick with small real boobs (I'm obsessed with boobs these days ... hahaha) and a mini-fro? I haven't seen too many women that look like me in these magazines yet.

And now there's a new opportunity coming my way. I just attended part 1 of the Get Ripped certification course. I'm learning how to teach the Get Ripped series of fitness classes. And if you've ever taken one of the classes it's a lot harder to instruct than it looks. That means I'll have to be practicing, practicing, and practicing some more in order to get a chance to start teaching. It's something I really want to do. I think it would be so fun! The workouts are great and will keep me in shape as well! And the best part is I'll play a big role in motivating people to take control of their health! How cool would that be?! However, it's going to take a lot of work to be a good, amazing, outstanding instructor ... a focused effort.

Even though I call myself Superwoman, I don't think I can accomplish all three of these fitness goals at the same time. I'm going to have to pick one or maybe two. I don't know. Looks like I've got some decisions to make.

4 comments:

  1. If you follow to many dreams you may just get lost. Clarity + Pride = Esteem

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many dreams. Set goals towards those dreams and that will form a path ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading your blog posts!

    I think you can accomplish all three of these goals at the same time, mostly because they are related. If you do a show (which I definitely think you should!), you will already be photoshoot-ready during the weeks before and after anyways. And even if teaching the Get Ripped classes will take up a lot of your time, that time will count as cardio and more training, so it will be productive towards your other goals!

    I agree with Mindy, you can never have too many dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple - do the stuff you enjoy the most! I think the photos from your photoshoot were outstanding, and should deffo be published!

    ReplyDelete