Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Awesome Workout Always Makes it Better

I made some bad choices today. And as a result, I created a day of bitchiness for myself. But an awesome workout always makes it better.

It started first thing this morning when I got to work. The frustration kicked in almost immediately. One incident set off a constant flow of complaining and bitching. So when that wave of negativity settled down I was hit with another annoying issue. That sure got my mouth going and the f-bombs flying. It was so bad my co-worker felt he had to give me a hug. Then I was just punchy for the rest of the day. Ready to snap at a moment's notice.

Now remember when I said I made some bad choices? Well actually it was just one bad choice ... but that's all it took. I chose to react negatively to all those incidents that happened. I chose to get angry, swear, pout, raise my voice, get snappy, and cop an attitude ... all those antics were my choice. I was fully aware I was doing it. I was fully aware I chose to do it. So why did I bring all those negative vibes into my day? I guess because I can. Sorry. Nothing profound here. Simply because I can. And I did. I'm not saying that it was right and I'm not proud of it.

So to help get me out of my funk I went to my happy place. I focused on my cardio and Hour of Honour workout that I would be doing later that day. (By the way, I chose NOT to do my cardio today because of one of those incidents that happened). Even though the Hour of Honour is hellish ... muscle-burning, ear-ringing HELL ... it was still awesome! It was the best way to end my day of (choosing to be) bitchy Cara! So thank you Nathan and all the ladies that "sweat it out" at the Athlete Factory today! You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment