Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10 Almonds Per Day (And Other Important Numbers)

I never thought I'd be so pumped about having 2 tablespoons of any condiment per meal. My trainer said I could! But when I asked him if that included ALMOND BUTTER he said "Almond butter is not a condiment." Whatever. But I do get to have 10 almonds per day. One of my friends asked me "What happens if you have 11?" Good question. Nothing really happens. "It's just a guideline", I told her. "Like the number on your scale."

Fitness/figure competitors are so obsessed with numbers ... calories, weight of food, weight on the scale, body fat percentage, days and weeks until competition etc. Here are some numbers I'm dealing with right now: my goal is to lose 3.4% body fat in 3 weeks ... just in time for filming day for the Ripped: Chiseled workout video. And even though it's not a competition, sometimes I get overwhelmed and just don't want to count anymore. Or I just don't want to stand on the scale every week and here it creak and wonder what the number will be this time. It can be agonizing and frustrating sometimes when that number is not what you want it to be.

So I've decided NOT to focus on certain numbers right now (BF% and weight) and just DO THE WORK. Because I believe if I DO THE WORK the results will come. So here's to day two of my 3 week plan (more numbers ... ha!) ... all meals consumed (no extras), cardio completed, and hour of honour accomplished. Bring on day three!

No comments:

Post a Comment