Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Challenge of the Mind ...

I've been offered a challenge by my friend Jackie Dumaine. It's not the first challenge I've had from her. (Check blog entry "ONE OF MY TOUGHEST CHALLENGES YET" from OCTOBER 3, 2010). It's not a "fitness" challenge like running a 10 K or squatting an insane amount of weight. It's a challenge of the mind, soul, and spirit. I'm not completely sure what that all means but maybe I will by the middle of the week. Curious yet?

I'm trying out a new juice cleanse called Bava Juice. (www.bavajuice.com.) My main purpose for doing this was to physically cleanse my system and start my new off-season training program/diet fresh. But I'm told by a couple of people who have done this particular cleanse that it's more than just a cleanse. It's a bit of a spiritual journey ... A time of reflection. In fact, the Bava Juice slogan is "Get Reborn".

The juice cleanse itself is only 3 days which is not very long. But here's where it gets "challenging" for me. In those 3 days I'm not really supposed to do anything. No weights. No intense cardio. In fact, Jackie told me "stay away from the gym!". Good thing I'm not teaching Get Ripped until Thursday. My boyfriend even challenged me further. Less phone. Less computer. (I'm addicted to my BlackBerry. Not sure how that's going to go.)

So what will I do instead? Take walks outside in nature. Read a good book or two. Relax. Rest.

As I write this I'm already feeling anxiety about the whole process. I've got so much "stuff" to do! No time to "rest" or "relax"! But as my friend Jackie said to me: "What is the worst that can happen ... Cara? Will the world self-destruct?" Sigh. As much as I fight it, I know I need this. So I hope you don't mind if I remove my Superwoman cape for a few days.

P.S. I will be blogging about my juice cleanse experience so stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to hearing about this cleanse and how you felt during and after.

    i'm sort of a crackberry addict myself :S

    ReplyDelete