Tuesday, June 7, 2011

POSITIVITY IS MY PRIORITY

I do my very best to approach all that I do with positivity. It is my priority. I'm not smiling and sunshine everyday ... but it is something I work on everyday. I also do my best to surround myself with positive people doing positive things. Some may not "like" the things that I do. And that's okay. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have friends who think the way I diet for competition is not good for me. Some may even think I do too much and need to rest and relax more. I know people who think this juice cleanse I'm doing is not the best for me either. Again, it's their opinion. I welcome opinions and different points of view. It makes me think and helps me make decisions on what is best for me. However, if those opinions come from a negative place ... laced with condescending and rude statements, I shut down. I don't want to hear it. I will even delete any comments I don't like on my FACEBOOK wall or my Twitter timeline. I'm entitled to that because it's MY wall/timeline. It's not that I don't invite differing opinions it's just that POSITIVITY IS MY PRIORITY.

And on that note, I'm feeling good on day two of my juice cleanse! The nut milk last night was yummy! The warm chai-spicy drink helped me get a deep sleep! And I woke up this morning for the first time in weeks without a bloated belly. I even tried to shut my phone off early to disconnect. That was the hardest part for me actually. Today, I'm meeting with a nutritionist to talk about post-cleanse eating. It will be important for me to re-introduce whole foods gradually. This is all a great learning experience for me! I encourage you to do your own research on cleansing, check with you doctor or health practitioner, and find out what works best for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment