Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lazy Days of Post Competition

I have been so freakin' busy but I still feel lazy. Why? Because I've had very few "focused, goal setting" workouts. Not that I haven't been active. I teach 2 to 3 Ripped classes per week. So I'm still moving. However my gym visits have been sporadic and with little planning. I guess I'm still in the lazy days of post competition. I feel a little lost. Still haven't decided what the BIG fitness goal will be. I still feel I NEED a big fitness goal. But I do have some little (medium) goals to help me along the way, hence the "busy-ness".

Courses like crazy!
I'm expanding my knowledge in fitness. And with courses come exams. One coming up next Thursday. And another course starting mid-July. Let's just say I'll be studying a lot this summer.

Teaching a ton!
Probably going to be teaching Ripped classes a lot more during the summer as some instructors will be taking vacation. I may even make some appearances at Talisman Centre! It will be lots of fun and I could use the experience. :)

Invitations and mini road trips!
I put my social life on hold during contest prep. Not anymore. Hoping to do more stuff in and around Calgary. And hopefully another trip to Banff with DF this summer!

But there's something missing. Oh yeah. MY training. Well that kind of "kicks off" in July. I've figured out what my physical goals are ... 1) lower body strength and 2) lower body size. Yes. I said SIZE. You may be asking "What is a 42 year old woman doing trying to build size on her legs?" Very good question. I still don't know if I'm going to compete. But as Trainer N8 said "You can still have physique goals ... competition or not".

So Trainer N8 will be the "Sergeant" in "Operation Leg Bomb". Gonna blow these legs up real good! Be ready for the F-bombs and other colourful expletives N8ster! It's going to be a fun experiment!

Wait a minute! Who am I kidding? It's going to be hellish! I'm going to embrace my laziness for a few more weeks.

P.S. Despite not hitting the gym as much as I think I should, I'm proud to say I'm still eating clean!

2 comments:

  1. I here ya about the fitness goals I just had a competion June 5 th Ipalaces 1 St in fitness model , buts it's post competion that's hard I feel a little lost to that's why a part of me wants to compete in the wbff in Calgary July 2 , iv been waffling back and forth should I shouldn't I it will be a tough show lots of amazing competitors , but it's still a goal and still more stage experience . Iv been working with n8 as well online I really like him and look forward to meeting him and actually doing a one on one work out with him.
    But he is right you don't have to compete to have physique goals that's great you are going to focus on your legs , enjoy your new fitness goals

    ReplyDelete