Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I admit I'm a gym snob

When I workout out, especially after a stressful day, I need to get IN THE ZONE. So I need to be sweating it out in a gym that gets me going. But not all gyms are created equally. I admit, I'm a gym snob. And by gym snob I mean, I'm very particular about where I workout. That's probably why I have 4 memberships ... two full and two partial. But I have an explanation for every one of them.

One of my full memberships is for Good Life. The location I was going to just didn't do it for me. Maybe it wasn't hardcore enough for me. I think it was the incline benches that weren't adjustable that put me off. That's so annoying. I moved and started going to another location which was women's only. Yeah well here's where another confession comes in: I like to see MEN (aka eye candy) in the gym. It helps to motivate me ... for obvious reasons. Do I really need to explain this one? Hahaha! Not only was it just for chicks ... it was in a Superstore above the cooked food section and I could smell the grease while I trained. I'm not dissing Good Life ... it's just that the locations I went to didn't get me all fired up.

So that brings me to my second full membership. I decided to go back to one of my favorite Calgary gyms, World Health Club. I love working out there! They have great equipment, lots of locations, newly renovated change rooms, and there were a lot of people there who trained hard. So I bought another membership and started working out at the Edgemont location. I didn't care that I was paying for two memberships and only going to one gym. Then I moved again and I'm lucky enough to live walking distance to a World Health Club. It was meant to be!

I know what you're thinking. "So if this was a match made in heaven, why the other two partial memberships?" I also train at the Athlete Factory on Blackfoot Trail because that's where my trainer kicks my butt. It's an awesome gym and is true to its name. It pumps out athletes. I highly recommend you check it out (www.athletefactory.net). I also got a partial membership at Fitness Plus where they teach Get RIPPED classes. I'm in the process of getting certified to teach the Get RIPPED classes so it's a good way to practice.

So having all these memberships is keeping me interested because I get bored easily. And they're keeping my body guessing because I need new physical challenges to reach my fitness goals. It's all good ... and it's fun!

1 comment:

  1. 4 memberships!!! I will borrow 1/2 of your partial and that will make me happy. I don't go to a gym... 4 memberships!!! Whatever works for ya, girlfriend. hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete