Monday, November 8, 2010

Blurry

I kind of feel like I let myself go this past weekend. I feel like I lost focus. Blurry. But it was so worth it. And like typical Cara, I'm sure I'm being too hard on myself. Let me explain. The plan was to get right back on track after filming the Get RIPPED workout videos. After all, Superwoman has some super fitness goals to fulfill. Superwoman thinks long breaks are for wimps! Like my trainer says ... there's no such thing as an off-season. I took last Monday off of my clean eating plan and ate whatever I wanted. Tuesday I cooked and prepped my meals as I had been doing for months before. I planned where/when I'd be training that week. I was ready to go. So why was I "cheating" ... snacking ... eating more than usual? I have goals damn it! That's what always keeps me motivated ... right?

Fast forward to the weekend: dinner out with dessert on Friday night, big brunch on Saturday morning, red wine on Saturday night. And I loved every minute of it! (By the way, even though I had a few indulgences ... I still worked out!) Yes there was (is) guilt but the indulging came with connections. I was connecting with friends I hadn't seen in a long time. We were talking, laughing, sharing the ups and downs of our lives from the past several months. It's something that, unfortunately, I CHOSE to put on the back burner as I trained for the workout videos. (Notice I used the word CHOSE.) So that makes me question my priorities ... my choices ... my sacrifices. Extreme healthy lifestyle VS. Socializing with friends, food, and drink. Can I do it all or do I have to choose one or the other? It seems like a constant struggle for balance. But I'm determined to figure out what works for me so that I CAN do it all. My relationships are too precious to me. My healthy lifestyle makes me feel awesome. Reaching my fitness goals brings me joy ... pure joy. So I'm just going to make it work. My connections/relationships are just too good to put on hold. So it's time to look at my goals ... make some adjustments ... and get focused ... again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that even you go through this. When I made a commitment to my health & fitness I noticed that most of my 'connecting with friends and family' time was spent dining out or going out for coffee or drinks. So I decided I had to find something fun and active to do with friends instead and that's when I discovered hiking. I only do easy hikes but now all my friends know that from May to as late as possible I go hiking every Sunday. I invite friends, past clients and colleagues to go with me. I hike with someone different every week, I get fresh air, connection to nature and 2-5 hours with a friend to truly connect without the guilt! I absolutely love it!

    I still go out and do the food/drink related socials too and indulge and sometimes over indulge but this is how I try to keep it all in balance.

    Thanks for the great blog hon!

    ReplyDelete