Thursday, November 11, 2010

Butterflies in my stomach!

It was sort of like a first date with that someone special. Every time I thought about it, I got butterflies in my stomach. Today I had my "first date" with teaching a Get RIPPED class! Some of you may know that I am in the process of getting certified to teach these classes. But I never thought I'd be in front of a room full of people taking them through a leg workout so soon! Jari Love herself ... the creator of the Get RIPPED workouts ... was the one who basically said let's get you teaching sooner, rather than later! So we had a very short practice on Tuesday and she invited me to teach a portion of the class Thursday. Of course I'm not going to say no. If she offered this opportunity, she must think I can do it. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to have Jari take me under her wing, so to speak, and encourage me to just go for it. She believes in my abilities and knows I'm passionate about spreading the gospel of fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Talk about a major confidence boost for me! So Thursday came and so did the butterflies.The butterflies were accompanied by internal smiles and feelings of excitement. Yes, I was totally nervous ... nervous because I wanted to do a great job. Yes, I was extremely excited ... excited because I knew I would rock it! Despite being very nervous, I knew deep down inside I was going to do well. And Jari was right beside me just in case I needed her help. A couple times I forgot what count I was on, but she got me back on track. I forgot to switch feet on another exercise, but I realized half way through and was able to joke about it and continue on. I felt natural up there doing my thing. And with more practice I know I'll develop my OWN style. The best part of the whole thing (besides wearing the Janet Jackson microphone!) I was smiling most of the way through. I was having FUN! And I really hope the rest of the class was too. Big THANKS to the people who came up to me after the class to say I did a good job. And the BIGGEST thanks goes to Jari for believing in me ... and inviting me back on another "date" in her Get RIPPED classes this weekend! Looks like Cara the caterpillar is slowly, but surely evolving into a beautiful butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment