Monday, November 22, 2010

At a Loss for Words

It seems like forever since I've dropped a blog on y'all. I guess it's because I'm at a loss for words these days. Can you believe it? Cara ... speechless? It happens. So why is my mouth open and nothing coming out? Maybe because I can't believe some of the opportunities coming my way. I now have more chances to team teach with yet another Get Ripped instructor besides the creator, Jari Love. So cool! And it's getting better and better every time.

I guess I shouldn't really be totally surprised because I actually created this opportunity. In fact, I created it by talking ... which is why being at a loss for words is kind of ironic. It was as simple as sharing my dream/passion with the right person ... at the right time. I wasn't always conscious of what I was doing and how it would turn out but it's all coming together. Let me explain.

Rewind a few years ago. I interviewed Jari Love for a story I was doing at work about sticking to your new year's resolutions. At that time I mentioned to her I had an interest in dipping into the fitness industry but I didn't really know what I wanted to do. That's when I first found out about the Get Ripped certification course. Unfortunately, I wasn't available to take it then. Fast forward to this past August. I was ready for the course! I contacted Jari for more information and talk about good timing ... I got the opportunity to be in two of her workout DVDs ... plus I'm currently getting certified to teach Ripped ... plus I'm getting lots of opportunities to teach parts of her classes. All of this because I shared my dream/passion with her.

Then there was last week when I had my first article in the Calgary Herald's Real Life section. It was about Brandi Miskow, a very inspirational woman who didn't let brain surgery stop her from pursuing her own fitness dreams. Since I started competing and taking control of my health I've met so many people, like Brandi, who have inspired me along the way. I wanted to share those stories. And I just happened to tell a former Calgary Herald reporter about this and she suggested I pitch the idea to the Real Life editor. Well, the editor liked the idea and the rest is history. Stay tuned for more stories of people who have made an impact through living and promoting healthy lifestyles ... body, mind, and spirit.

So where will this take me? I don't know yet. But you can bet I'll be talking a lot more to help make my dreams come true!

1 comment:

  1. That's encouraging and motivating. It's great to see someone living there Dreams and inspiring others to do the same. It must StartWithin as you are proving.

    ReplyDelete