Monday, February 28, 2011

Guilt?! Get over it!


This past week has been a great second week of contest prep training! Despite taking a couple days off due to a cold, my energy levels were pretty good. My eating was on point. And most importantly the scale was good to me for my weekly weigh-in. So my trainer allowed me a reward meal. So why do I feel GUILT?!

Let's break it down. After my first week of contest prep I earned a 600 calorie reward meal ... a treat meal with restrictions. I'm okay with that. I actually didn't think I'd get any kind of "reward" at all! Celebration time! Woot! Woot! Fast forward to week two. I dropped a healthy amount of weight after my second week so my trainer says ... word for word ... "Watch the fights and have some good food tomorrow!!!" I was looking for the small print that said "Caloric limit = 600" or some other restrictive number. Nope. Couldn't find it. Then I started to question: "What does he mean by good food exactly? Should I ask him? Should I just stick to the 600 calorie thing? Should I just throw down on a feast? He wasn't specific this time. What should I do?" Then I got distracted day-dreaming about the endless possibilities of treat meals I could have. Oh joy! I quickly decided on a burger and fries. And as usual, it never tastes as good as I imagined but it was better than fish and cucumbers. So me and my "food baby" were content with my reward meal and ready for the week of clean eating ahead.

Now before I get to the guilt part, bare with me as I share something. I remember as I prepared for my very first competition a very knowledgeable and experienced trainer told me to ignore what everyone else was doing for contest prep and just focus on what my trainer has instructed me to do. So I've always done that. But this weekend I was almost influenced after a casual chat with yet another trainer who is equally experienced and knowledgeable. He said he doesn't give his clients a reward meal ... only on rare occasions ... and it might be just 1 or 2 glasses of wine. He said "Don't do the burger and fries thing." Damn it! I just did!!! But I earned it! Didn't I? Guilt!

Whatever! What's done is done and he's not my trainer. I need to just get over it and stay focused on MY contest prep. Plus I think I burned off all those burger calories worrying about eating that treat meal. Guilt?! Ok! Ok! I'm over it! Time for some cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment