Monday, February 14, 2011

What a way to kick off my contest prep!

I’m ready! I have my game face on! My meals are prepped! My calendar updated with my workout schedule! I even went to bed at a decent time last night. But Monday ended up being a bit of a challenging kick-off to my 12-week contest prep.

It started when I got into work this morning. My co-worker’s wife baked Valentine’s day cookies. She bakes the most AMAZING treats! They looked soooooo gooooood! I had to talk myself through it. “Walk away Cara! Don’t make eye contact with the pink frosting on the heart shaped cookie!!!” Ugh! Well I passed that test. You would think after my last cheat weekend I'd be sick of "dirty" food. Anyway, let’s just hope no one brings their left over Valentine’s chocolate to the office tomorrow.

There was something I couldn’t avoid today. It was an appointment with my physiotherapist. I had a nagging sore toe that I’ve been trying to ignore for the last 3 months. I know. I know. I was trying to “play through” the pain. To make a long story short, after the assessment he says to cut back on anything that puts pressure on my toe. Ummm let’s see that would be EVERYTHING I DO IN THE GYM! I basically told him in a round about way that I wasn't going to cut back. I’m going to “play through”, get therapy from time to time, and deal with the pain as best as I can during these next 12 weeks. Aging pisses me off sometimes.

So here I go! Preparing for another figure competition. Woot! Woot! After an awesome “off-season” I’m very excited about the next 12 weeks of weighing and measuring my food, eating the same thing everyday, training 6 days a week, spending my Sunday’s prepping food, spending Friday and Saturday nights at home, going to bed extra early on the weekends, not drinking wine, not eating chocolate, not eating Crave cupcakes, not eating out ... wait a minute ... why am I excited again?

1 comment: