Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where do you find the energy?



When I'm fortunate enough to meet some of my Twitter or Facebook friends who follow my ramblings, many of them are inspired, motivated, impressed, and sometimes confused at my dedication to training for figure competitions. Now, I can add on top of that, my new "part time job" as a group fitness instructor. One of my class participants asked me after I had just worked them out "Where do you find the energy?" Good question. Of course much of the energy comes from the good clean food I eat. Nutrition is so important.

However I think there's more to it. You see, I'm up at an ungodly hour for work (3:00am) and usually go non-stop until my head hits the pillow (I shoot for between 8:00pm to 9:00pm). So my energy is definitely not coming from good rest.

This is where I think much of my "energy" is coming from:

1) Knowing how great I will feel after I've had a good hard workout.
2) Seeing how far my fitness level has come since I started training with N8 as he guides me to DOMIN8 THE STAGE!

3) Watching participants in my class "digging in" for those last few reps (and thanking me later for making them sore the next day)
4) My music! From Hip Hop to Top 40 to Trance to Old School ... It keeps me going!
5) Seeing my full muscles as I lean out for a competition.
6) Most importantly, my special peeps who are cheering me on even though we can't do lunch, dinner, or drink wine together for a few months. Thanks! L.O.V.E.!

As challenging as it can be (especially the strict dieting), the rewards are awesome. I L.O.V.E. this fit and healthy lifestyle. Because without good health, you really have nothing. (By the way, I really should get more sleep ... working on that. And when competition dieting is over I will allow myself treats and cheats, now and then. After all, a woman needs her dark chocolate and red wine!)

1 comment: