Sunday, December 9, 2012

Don't make the same mistake I did

I'm not going to lie. I'm glad this Define Fitness 6 week challenge is over. And since I'm confessing, after week one I didn't exactly follow my 6 week challenge plan that I laid out in the beginning. Trust me. I tried. Word of advice ... DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. Yes. I made a big mistake when I planned my 6 week challenge. I bit off waaaaaaaay more than I could chew. The plan was borderline contest prep ... Lifting 5 days a week, cardio 4 times a week for at least 45 minutes, topped off with a tight diet ... and one moderate reward meal a week. It's a great plan that would without a doubt get results! I would have been "jacked" as one of my Define Fitness colleagues said. But it didn't exactly go as planned. Working one and a half jobs, working on new projects, trying to have a social life, being sleep-deprived didn't help. But that doesn't mean I abandoned my healthy lifestyle. I did workout ... some weeks only twice ... other weeks more. I also ate good clean food ... not always on time, not always enough, and not always what was on the plan. And I did eat "dirty" food beyond my one moderate reward meal limit. However I followed the 80/20 rule ... 80% clean, 20% "dirty". I was beating myself up every week that I didn't follow the 6 week challenge plan and vowed to get back on it. But really, the plan that I did follow was better FOR ME because it was more realistic FOR ME to follow, it fits MY lifestyle way better, and I'll be able to maintain it for a lot longer than 6 weeks. That's more important to me. It doesn't mean I'll never challenge my "fitness" self. It just means the challenge will be more suited to my lifestyle and schedule.
Despite not following my exact 6 week challenge plan, I did see success in the measurements I used. However, I don't want my clients to always be focused on the numbers. I want them to have fun training with me and feel amazing because of it. And if those jeans that they've been squeezing into fit a little better, then that's the icing on the cake! Mmmmmmm ... Cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment