Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Love You ... But I Love Me More

This is kind of a Dear John letter ... to all my fitness clients:

Dear Awesome Clients,

I have had so much fun kickin' your butts over the past 8 months or so. But it's time for a big change. It's not you. It's me. I loved pushing you so hard 'til you sweat buckets. I loved the great stories you shared in our sessions. I loved the jokes we made ... usually inappropriate. I loved when you whined and complained ... then I'd work you even harder. I loved when you did something you never thought you could do. I loved when you told me all the excuses you were going to use to skip boot camp ... but you came anyway.

I love you guys, but I love me more. That's why I made the difficult decision to put my fitness business on hold ... at least for 2013 ... so I can love myself more ... by working out consistently, having more downtime, getting better sleep, eating better, spending more time with friends ... get me? I will be a better, healthier ME ... mentally, physically and emotionally. And you never know, Fit & Fierce Boot Camp may come back some day. But for now I'm working on my own fitness ... and my own fierceness!


Signed with mixed emotions,

Cara ...

P.S. Still keeping my certifications current, will give fitness advice if asked, and will keep you up to date on my fitness journey through this blog. Hope you'll stick around!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this Cara!!

    CONGRATULATIONS on looking after YOU girl! The healthier YOU are emotionally, physically and spiritually, the better person YOU can be!! Congratulations for recognizing that!! I look forward to working out again with you one day soon!

    Love and hugs;

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing insight. What an example. Have a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete