Thursday, April 19, 2012

Are YOU Bikini Ready?


Last year this time I had no choice but to be bikini ready. I was weeks away from hitting the stage in my last figure competition.


Yes I said “last”. I’ve decided to retire from figure competitions. But that doesn’t mean I’ll never put on a bikini again. In fact I’ll be hitting a couple beaches this year and I want to make sure that I can still rock a two-piece with my “everyday body”. So even though I’m not competing, I still have a fitness goal. What about you?

I'm going to challenge you to put on your own “itsy bitsy teeny weeny” bikini for a cause that will not only have you looking good but feeling good too ... and it will definitely have a lot of other people feeling pretty awesome as well.

I’ve been lucky enough to collaborate with Megan Szanik, an amazing woman who owns an amazing clothing store and is doing some amazing things in her community.

Last year Megan created #nakedespy. She got a hundred guys to drop down to their skivvies and line up at her store to get hundreds of dollars worth of free clothes. But first they had to collect sponsors for the Calgary Prostate Cancer Center. This year, it’s all about the ladies ... in bikinis ... and a charity near and dear to Megan’s heart ... the Special Olympics.

Megan’s connection to the Special Olympics is very personal. Her brother Wade has Down’s Syndrome. He’s very special to her and has always been her reality check for what is important in life. Megan has been involved for years in Special Olympics with her family. Her brother has participated in the games and her mom has won female coach of the year. Megan says it is all about the message of the games, “Let me win. If I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.” So a fundraiser for the Special Olympics is a natural fit.

Here’s how it works. On July 7 (first Saturday of the Centennial Stampede) 100 ladies will line up outside of the espy store in Inglewood in their BIKINIS and COWBOY BOOTS .... with donations in hand. They’ll get their FREE Stampede outfit valued at $500 and an OFFICIAL Calgary Stampede Cowboy Hat courtesy of Smithbilt Hats ... plus so much more! (Including a chance to meet some cute cowboys!) The ladies who line up for the free clothes will be asked to donate a MINIMUM of $100 to Special Olympics Calgary and are encouraged to collect sponsors beyond that. And if you collect the most sponsors, you get more FREE stuff ... and everyone will get the satisfaction of knowing that they’ve helped out a local charity! Check out www.espyexperience.com/bikiniespy for all the details on how you can get involved in #bikiniespy.

Ok ... I know what you’re thinking. Wearing a bikini in public? Are you kidding me? Well this is where I come in! Join my Fit and Fierce Boot Camp ... to help you get “tight” and feel “right” in your fave two-piece before #bikiniespy! https://www.facebook.com/FitAndFierceBootCamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment