Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Operation: Frozen Nutty Goodness!



I have a love affair with a certain nut butter. That's why I had to implement Operation: Frozen Nutty Goodness! O:FNG was created to stop me from being tempted to dip a spoon in my jar of almond butter several times at the end of my work day ... the time when I'm most vulnerable.
On my contest prep meal plan, I get to have 1 tablespoon of almond butter with my first meal ... which is totally awesome! So I plop my 1 tablespoon of buttery heaven on the 1 rice cake I'm allowed. It's like cake with icing! And I'm pretty much satisfied with that.



But a few times I would come home from work/gym famished and the easiest thing to grab before eating my real meal was the jar of almondy goodness. All it took was a little spoonful of the beautiful butter and I was good. But then I would find myself dipping more and more.



I knew it had to stop. It almost got to the point where I was going to ask trainer N8 to remove it from my meal plan so I wouldn't be so tempted to cheat. And then I had my "Aha" moment and created Operation: Frozen Nutty Goodness.



Here's the plan I devised: After I savour my 1 tablespoon of pure nutty buttery joy in the morning, I put the jar in the freezer. By the time I get home from work/gym it's frozen. Not so easy to get at now hey?! Then before I go to bed, I take it out of the freezer and it is defrosted by the time I'm up in the morning. No dipping and diving! No cheating! O:FNG works like a charm!!
Except for that one morning when I forgot to take it out of the freezer the night before for breakfast the next day.



Yeah. Well. I now know how long it takes to defrost a full jar of almond butter in the microwave oven. (Btw, Auto defrost. 5 minutes).

3 comments:

  1. This a great blog. You are making me hungry. I would love to see more of these in the days ahead.
    Careyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... cute! Now I want almond butter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is #TooCute!! I know MANY who can benefit from this post!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! BTW... Love Your Blog Title!! ;-)
    @FitInMyHeart (Dr. Mo)

    ReplyDelete