Thursday, October 13, 2011

L.O.V.E. Yourself

I don't know what happened. I'm not sure what turned things around for me during my 30 day hot yoga challenge. Last week I was going into my hot yoga classes and ending up frustrated and unable to focus. This week, I'm leaving the ego behind and doing my best at staying in the moment. I think I'm just starting to understand a little more of what yoga is all about. The messages from each instructor are starting to sink in ever so slowly. One message that stood out for me this week ... Love Yourself. So simple yet for some it's a difficult task. As the instructor read a passage about loving yourself, I took it all in. I was smiling a little bit ... knowing that I was loving myself. (I do admit that some days I don't like me). It's so true what they say ... only when you love yourself can you truly love others. And when you love yourself, you attract love. Well, I received love before I even left the yoga studio that day. A woman took the time to tell me that she loved watching me on TV. How nice! Then another woman also with the same message a short time later. In fact, we talked for about 20 minutes after class about fitness, working out, yoga, organic food, clean eating and more. I was feeling the love. Then I started to think back to all the loving moments in these past couple of weeks. A get together with some awesome girlfriends. Downtime with my sweetie. Thanksgiving dinner with his family. And I can't forget all the girlfriends who joined me in a hot yoga class since I started my 30 day challenge. And I'm sure if I took the time, I could come up with more. So you see how making the decision to love yourself UNCONDITIONALLY can open your eyes to all the love that's flowing (or trying to flow) into your life? When you've made that decision take a few moments ... even if it's just 10 minutes ... and think of all the L.O.V.E. in your life.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post Carla

    I was having a very similar conversation with my beloved Yogi friend Jackie Dumaine today.

    I find when I get caught up in overwhelm, the doing, the negative chatter, the I'm not enough I lose myself, I stop loving myself.

    Thankfully, that way of being is slowly being released and Loving myself unconditionally is replacing it with EVERYTHING in my life that I am so happy and grateful for.

    L.O.V.E
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I've never done hot Yoga, I do love yoga, but have found myself rushing through it. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and think through the yoga moments. I'm missing the point lately. Gonna fix that immediately.

    ReplyDelete