Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Give me STEEL over STILETTOS!

I can honestly say I LOVE training for figure competitions. I especially love the Hour of Honour sessions with trainer N8. I never know what kind of hell he's going to unleash on me. I totally love getting a pump when I'm doing weights. Makes me smile just thinking about it! I actually don't mind the diet this time around. I enjoy the meals. I admit I wish there was more flexibility but that's the nature of competing. And of course I love the reward meals best! But I'm not so crazy about the girlie part of competing. You know ... The high-heeled stripper shoes ... The shiny posing suit ... The glam make up (ok I kinda like that one!). Then there's the T-walk modeling thing. Ugh! That's the part that I'm most nervous about. Give me STEEL over STILETTOS!



Allow me to complain a little (after all I'm a bit "low carb" right now). The damn shoes are so high! I even thought about doing body building just so I wouldn't have to wear heels. But I'm looking at it as yet another challenge. So I keep practicing. A couple weekends ago was the first time I wore my stripper heels to do chores around my condo. Any guys reading this may be thinking "Oh that's hot!" Sorry ... no French Maid outfit. I was in my fleece pj's. Not sexy.



It's funny because I have spent months running my ass off, throwing around heavy things, swearing when it burned, fist pumping in celebration of an intense workout, and wiping the sweat from my face with my drenched tank top and in less than 2 weeks, I have to be on stage all made up like a beauty contestant, "T's" up, "A" out, smiling like a prom queen ............... and flexing my hard rippling muscles. Is it just me or does anyone else see the irony in this?

2 comments:

  1. I def find that the hardest part too .. and in NZ we have to do poses in them (biceps, triceps .. turn around back pose) .. all the while having cramp because your dehydrated lol

    ReplyDelete